Pages

Thursday, 3 November 2011

Pin It

Widgets

Mihun Goreng Putih




Good morning everyone

Happy Thursday! One more day to our long weekend break. Hari Raya Haji is just around the corner. Actually, it is this Sunday as a matter of fact. I will be heading down to my parent-in-law place's this weekend. Looking forward to family gathering and stuffing my face with umie's food. Yummy! Anyway, this entry will be on food. Last night's dinner was a simple Mihun Goreng Puteh aka Fried White Bee Hoon. It is one of my all-time favourite dish. I had attempted to cook this Mihun Goreng several times before based from different recipes in the internet but they didn't turned out what I expected. 

Two weekends ago, I bought a cookbook by Sheila Rusly. The cookbook contains 20 recipes of noodles and pasta. One of them contains my favourite Mihun Goreng recipe and so I thought why not try to cook the noodle and see how it turns out. Alhamdulilah, the Mihun Goreng turned out what I had been hoping for. I even got two thumbs up from darling hubby, mother-in-law and my baby girl. Success!! 

Freshly made from the wok: Mihun Goreng Putih or Fried White Bee Hoon

Recipe: Mihun Goreng Putih (Fried White Bee Hoon)      
Source: 20 recipe Mi dan Mihun dari Sheila Rusly

Recipe:

1/3 packet of mihun or rice vermicelli - blanch in hot water for 5 minutes and drain
2 shallots
3 garlic
1 ikan bilis cube
2 squid - cut into ring shape ( I substitute with beefballs. )
7 medium sized prawn
2-3 stalk of chye sim ( Since I didn't have chye sim, I substitute with xiao bai cai. )
A handful of beansprout
White pepper powder
Salt to taste
Oil

Method:

  1. Finely pound the shallots and garlic using pestle and mortar. You can use food blender or food grater if you don't have pestle and mortar in the kitchen.
  2. Heat up the work on medium heat. Add 3 tablespoon of oil. Fry the shallots and garlic till they turn soft.
  3. Add in the ikan bilis cube, prawn and squid. Stir till they are 3/4 cooked.
  4. Add in salt and white pepper powder.
  5. Add mihun and chye sim. Mix them well until they are evenly distributed. Tip: Use two wooden spatulas for easy mixing and even distribution of ingredients.
  6. Add beansprout and stir again. Done!
  7. Best serve with pickled green chili.

 Below are two pictures of Sheila Rusly cookbook. 

20 Recipe Mi dan Mihun by Sheila Rusly: For RM$8.50, I consider it to be an affordable book. Rasa tak menyesal bila beli.

A meticulous book that shows you each step with pictures and instructions.

One of the things that I like about this book is that the ingredients used for all the recipes are easy to find and simple. No complicated ingredients which is good for my budget. 

K, bye!

XOXO
Wahida

Like my post? Click LIKE. : )

6 comments:

Liza said...

I tried this recipe, and i suceed. thank you for your help ! I dont know how to cook so your recipe here helped me alot :) may allah bless u n ur family. thankyou again!

Wahida Yusryna said...

Your welcome, Liza. Glad to help and share. You take care too!

Ummu Ammatullaah said...

thank you for sharing kakak!

Wahida Yusryna said...

Your welcome, Ummu!!!

Sharifah said...

I love mihun goreng putih; will try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!

Wahida Yusryna said...

Your welcome Sharifah...Kalau jadi, jgn lupa bilang tau...glad that my post gave some help to others yang tak pandai masak sangat like me....hehehehhe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...